Soliman Movers and More
IMPORTANT: DO MAKE SURE YOUR DRIVEWAY IS FREE AND CLEAR OF SNOW AND ICE PRIOR TO YOUR MOVERS ARRIVAL. SNOW AND ICE CAN PREVENT US FROM BEING ABLE TO ENTER YOUR DRIVEWAY, MOVE YOUR ITEMS SAFELY, OR BE ABLE TO MOVE AT ALL.
DO make sure that item are packed in sealed boxes or containers. It takes a lot longer to move loose items rather than stackable items.
DO make sure that you remember to pack up lamps.
DO make sure that you are present during your move. We want to make sure that we get everything you want if everything is not going, and also that we place things where you would like them.
In order to schedule your move we require a deposit. The deposit holds the day. Should you need to reschedule your move, we require a 72 hour notice. If you change your move date within 72 hours of your move, you forfeit your deposit.
- Select your mover with care. Make sure the carrier is licensed by the Commissioner of Transportation. For verification call (518) 457-6512, or e-mail us at [email protected]. When checking on a mover please provide their exact name, and if available, NYDOT number.
- Get at least three estimates.
- Insist the mover provide you with a "Summary of Information" booklet, which describes your rights as a shipper.
- Before anything is moved, make sure the mover has given you an "Order for Service" with a dollar amount of how much you will have to pay at delivery in order for the mover to deliver all of you goods.
- Read everything that you sign, and make sure to keep a copy of each document.
- Make an inventory of all your household goods and include the number of boxes and condition of your furniture.
- Make sure you understand the liability of the mover. Have the mover explain his or her liability and how you can purchase additional coverage.
- Schedule your departure and arrival with enough flexibility to allow for possible delays.
- Advise the mover of telephone numbers and/or addresses where you can be reached en route, or at destination.
- File a written claim with the mover for loss and/or damage.
- Use an unlicensed mover.
- Believe that any phone or written estimate given by a mover will be the actual cost of your move.
- Expect the mover to provide free packing supplies such as boxes, cartons and barrels. (Note: Should you hire the mover to provide packing services, then bubble wrap, tape, and similar packing materials are considered "tools of the trade" and are included in the packing fee.)
- Expect the mover to provide services free of charge, such as clean-up services, disconnection and reinstallation of appliances, fixtures, etc...
- Fail to make arrangements to have at the time of delivery, in cash or certified check, the amount shown on the "Order for Service."
- Sign your name to anything that you haven't read first and then given your copy of the document.